Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Shadow Box Framed 8" x 8" LO

 
Hello everyone! I am super excited (Doing the Happy Dance)to share that I am now Designing for Really Reasonable Ribbon again! I LOVE working on Bonnie's DT as we all always have so much fun, and she carries the most beautiful assortment of ribbons around! LOVE being able to design with all the different types of Ribbon/lace/trims/& flowers at the RRR Store! Thank you Bonnie for having me once again!!! Big Hugs to you!!! 
So I decided for my 1st post I would created an 8 x 8 layout for this shadow box. I LOVE the assortment of Delicate Stitched Satin Purple Ribbons. I chose to use 2 of them for this layout today.
I made a big bow with 2 colors for the bottom left hand corner. I then made a smaller bow for the 1990 tag, its glued underneath the oval tag. These Double Stitched Ribbons make such beautiful and easy bows! LOVE them!!!
Layout Measures 8" x 8"
Layers-I used Bazzill Bling Card Stock for this. And then some crate paper dp, and another one, the stripes, it was from my stash. My 1st layer is an 8 x 8 cream. I then cu a purple bazzill bling card stock at 7 3/4" x 7 3/4", then the dp  piece is cut at 7 1/2" x 7 1/2". add sewing. Next layer is 6 3/4" x 6 1/2". that is cream card stock, then the purple s cut at 6 1/2" x 6 1/4", then the stripe is cut at 6 1/4" x 6", then add sewing to that panel. Next is the Photo layers 6 1/4 x 4 1/2"  that is the bottom layer,I then layered the next on cutting it 6" x 4 1/4", and the Photo is 5 3/4" x 4".
 
Ribbons- Really Reasonable Ribbon Stitched Satin is used for the banners, and for the bows. I just took the 2 lighter colors and started making my loops for my bow.
Banners- I used thickers to make my banner that says "NANI & I" then used Really Reasonable Ribbons Arianna Lace. I cut it down the center and used both sides for around the banner pieces.
Flowers- My flowers I made, and I do have a video showing how here , and then I added some of Really Reasonable Ribbons Beautiful Aster Daisy Stem Flowers in 2-tone baby pink, however I did airbrush them to color them to match the PURPLE, I used copic BV00. I added some glass white leaves, and then some punched out branches in purples.
Feathers- My Purple feathers are VINTAGE and I have tons in my stash, love using these with ribbons and such.
Embellishments- I used different buttons, pearls, French Generals Jolee's boutique pieces I gold. I also used the brad with a purple flower in the center(found left bottom corner of layout). Sewing completes my layout for today
 
 
I went with all purples and some cream, as this photo is a dear one I will treasure always,
 It 's a photo of my Grandma and I. I miss her dearly!!!  I will always remember this day we had this photo taken 1 week prior to me going into labor with my 1st daughter. I remember my Grandma saying, "let grandma buy you  robe for the hospital" hehehe I was soooo TIRED, that I said "Grandma can we wait please" as I just wanted to go home and sleep....hhehee 

Challenges:
Come and Get it Challenge/make your own embellishments(flowers)
Craft -Dee Bowz Challenge/Anything goes with a handmade Bow
Crafty Boots Challenge/Monochrome(purples for me) white as my neutral
Craft Your Passion/Anything Goes
Thank you so very much for looking, and have a lovely day!
hugs
Cheryl
 

4 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful shadow box, I love all of your embellishments and it is a gorgeous photograph. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

lalkygirl said...

What a beautiful shadow box frame ,so many gorgeous elements that frame the lovely photo beautifully
thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Dee BOwZ and good luck
Tracey x

Jasmina said...

Oh, this is so lovely. Great colors and design. Congrats on your DT spot (again)! lol
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

Denitsa Andreeva said...

Very beautiful ! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope to see you again.

Deni Xx